Wednesday, February 2, 2011

the makings of a delightful snow day, part 2

Snow Day #2

1. Start the morning with cartoons.  (Phineas & Ferb is the one that we all love, grown-ups included)



2.  Have lots of playtime.  (Action figures were the choice toys in this photo.  Many others not pictured)


3. Schooltime!  (A huge benefit of homeschooling: when the boys want to do school, we can.  Weather does not affect our schedule)






4.   Convince the dog that she absolutely must go outside today.  (Be sure to put on her coat to help her stay warm.  Then get annoyed when she discovers the neighbor dog is out & now you must convince her it's too cold to stay outside & she must come in.)


5. Wear sweats or pajamas all day long.  (Be sure to also repeat step 9 from previous day: Enjoy lots of snuggle time & take every possible opportunity to kiss on squishy baby cheeks!)



6.  Take photos of Sprout in snow.  (Make good use of the two snowsuits baby received as gifts; take pictures in both outfits.  But do it all very quickly because it is seven degrees outside!)




7.  Take other snow photos.  (Leave the kids inside where it is warm.  Try to stay out of husband's way while he shovels a path.  Marvel at how AMAZING God is!!!)




8. Since it is too cold to play outside in the snow, bring some in!  (Do not be surprised that this entertains them for over an hour.  Do be surprised that the snow doesn't even come close to melting in this time.)





9.  Eat snow ice cream.  (8 cups snow, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, less than 1 tsp vanilla; eat fast, it melts quick!)




10. Dance & sing praises to God, for He is good!!  Sing "Sweetly Broken" by Jeremy Riddle, which my kids call "At the cross you" at the top of your lungs!  :)  (sorry I do not have pictures of this, I was worshipping too!)

At the cross You beckon me
You draw me gently to my knees, and I am
Lost for words, so lost in love,
I'm sweetly broken, wholly surrendered

EDIT: I just read this to Big-Rig and when I got to #10 he said, "That's the best one of all!!!"  I love these precious children!

No comments:

Post a Comment