Saturday, January 29, 2011

my little loves

For as long as I can remember, I wanted to be a mommy.  I have always wanted a house full of munchkins.  And I still do.  I love every little thing that comes with motherhood.  I don't mind the sleepless nights, the spit up, the diapers, the messy meals, my own food being cold because I always eat last, my house being overrun with toys and tiny clothes, the sticky fingerprints on my phone, my crowded bed in the mornings, and any other seemingly unpleasant thing I'm forgetting to mention.  Nope I don't mind at all.  Because all of those things are completely overshadowed by the kisses, hugs, snuggles, "Mommy, I love you!", holding small hands in mine, hearing precious innocent prayers, watching their personalities develop, rocking them to sleep, singing worship songs together, and every other delightful and wonderful thing that comes along with children.  I love growing tiny humans!! :)

Part of my purpose in this blog is to document the happenings in our family so that we will remember each and every precious stage in their lives.  So here is a little glimpse into each one of my precious and completely crazy little loves. 


Big-Rig is 4.  But if you ask him, he'll tell you he's 4 1/2.  I'm not ready to even think about him turning 5, so I still just call him 4.  Let's not grow up too fast now!  He is my thinker.  He seriously thinks about and analyzes everything.  He is the most absorbent little sponge you will ever meet!  He has this amazing thirst for learning that I just love.  We could see this from a very young age; he started talking earlier than many kids, forming sentences and truly communicating early on.  He would rather "do school" than watch a movie or play toys.  He is my lover of books, worksheets, flashcards, schedules and lists.  He is also currently very very into Star Wars.  He is a self-proclaimed Star Wars expert!  I pray that God will use Big-Rig's intelligence and ambition for His kingdom.  


His brother is very different.  Scott likes to joke that Trigger is our little athlete and Big-Rig is our little mathlete.  Trigger is one active little guy.  He will turn 3 in two months.  Three?!!  How on earth is my tiny guy that big?!  I call him my free spirit.  He definitely has his own ideas and can be rather strong-willed about them.  He loves to run and jump and dance and "rock and roll!". When big brother played soccer last fall, Trigger could hardly stand to sit on the sidelines and watch; he wanted to be a part of the action.  He is 100% BOY, a lover of trucks, cars, trains, dinosaurs, dragons, snakes and dirt.  But this kid also has a precious soft side to him.  He is my snuggler!  The love & tenderness he already shows to his little sister is unbelievable.  I pray that God will use Trigger's spirit and tender heart for His kingdom. 


My beautiful little Sprout just turned 3 months.  I know it is a cliche to say that time goes too fast but it is so very true.  These children grow & change faster than I can keep up with!  Sprout is becoming more & more interactive each day.  She loves to smile & coo, and has even begun to giggle every once in a while.  She is such an easy baby, very laid back & chill.  According to Big-Rig, she has "the softest hair EVER".  Her hair is definitely a conversation piece; it is the first thing everyone comments on.  Even strangers.  I sometimes can hear people talking about her as I walk by.  "Did you see that baby?  Look at all that hair!"  I love it!  She has these sweet chubby cheeks that those boys didn't have. I just want to kiss on them all day long.  She is such a perfect addition to our family.  I can't wait to see her personality develop.  I pray that God will use Sprout for His kingdom.  

"Behold, children are a gift of the Lord.  The fruit of the womb is a reward." Psalm 127:3

I am so incredibly blessed and so thankful for my three little gifts.  I pray that God will help me to be the mother He wants me to be.  That my children will see Christ through me.  That I can help them to grow to love God and serve Him.   I pray Deuteronomy 6 for our family:

"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.  You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might.  And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart.  You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.  You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.  You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:4-9


2 comments:

  1. I pray that same passage for my own family. :) You are very blessed, friend, and one amazing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. precious. what a precious family. loved hearing your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete