So I want to "live with intention". Great idea. But what does that actually look like? I have come up with some specific ways that I want to be intentional. It was actually quite convicting to write these down & reflect on how well I am currently doing. Let's just say I need to make some significant changes in my life to accomplish this! So that is my "New Years Resolution", if you want to call it that. I dedicate 2011 to Christ and to living for Him and for Him alone. Here are the ways I am going to focus on being intentional:
*managing our finances- distinguishing between needs and wants, spending frugally, and giving generously
*educating our children from a Biblical worldview
*teaching our children to love the Lord by example
*making our home a haven- both a safe and cozy place for my family and a hospitable place for serving others
*finding specific areas where God is calling me to serve and willingly doing so
*documenting our lives so that we can remember what God has done for us
*spending so much time in the Word and meditating on it that memorization naturally follows
*living so that my actions show my husband & children that I love them and that I love the Lord
*to do all of these things in ways that are honoring & pleasing to my Heavenly Father
To God be the glory, great things He has done
So loved He the world that He gave us His son
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin
And opened the life gate that all may go in!
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the earth hear His voice
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! Let the people rejoice
Oh come to the Father through Jesus the son
And give Him the glory, great things He has done!

so excited you are blogging!
ReplyDeleteGreat minds think alike...as always :). I just dusted off my blog and (gasp!) wrote something new, and I saw that your newest blog's title was new! Yippee! I love all the new pictures, too. Someone is looking more and more like her Mommy! Oh, and yay for everything you wrote in this post. As you know, I am also working on a lot of these things. This will be a great way to share ideas between phone calls :).
ReplyDelete